For your calendar— dates for Fall 09 fashion week
February 5, 2009
The primary detailed schedule, all from firstview.com:
Some changes for this show season:
- Narciso Rodriguez, J.Mendel, Yigal Azrouel, and Tommy Hilfiger are bringing their shows back to the Tents at Bryant Park.
- Marc Jacobs‘s show presentation will be a lot more modest…
- Peter Som is no show.
- DKNY, Monique Lhuillier, Naeem Khan, Vera Wang, Betsey Johnson, Temperley, Carmen Marc Valvo are choosing smaller presentations over normal runway shows to cut costs, by around 50%.
- As mentioned in November, London fashion week has been squashed to five days with the first day over-lapping with the last and one very important day (think a certain Ralph Lauren showing) of New York fashion week. The fashion crowd is going to have little mad rush in between.
- Milan Fashion Week has been shortened by one day
- Prada and Gucci had apparently swapped their timings. You will see the latter first before Miuccia’s.
- Emilio Pucci is showing two days earlier than usual, do watch out for Peter Dunda’s debut.
- Balenciaga and Nina Ricci are moving up to show on the very first day of Paris fashion week. Lanvin is showing on the second day instead of the usual last.
- Lastly, news are flying around that many labels are going to cut down on the number of models per show (saves up on hair/ make-up, general backstage costs too), the cut is around from 25 models to 15 models these days, which means more looks for each model. Imagine you have three looks for a 10 minute show, with merely 10 seconds to change for each turn, and you have to rush to queue up for your next walk already. Can you say, ‘remember to not trip on your heels!’
It’s just a week away, take some rest now before all the madness begin.